Below you will find a list of the primary sources used by Design Image Source for this site. Whenever possible, the original captions and descriptions found in these books were used to label the pictures.
- A.R. Designs for Church Embroidery. London: Chapman and Hall, Limited, 1894.
- Bergling, J. M. Ornamental Designs and Illustrations. Chicago: J. M. Bergling, 1913.
- Bryant, William Cullen. A New Library of Poetry and Song. New York: Fords, Howard and Hulbert, 1877.
- Dickerson, F. B. Treaures of Use and Beauty. Detroit: F. B. Dickerson & Co., 1883.
- Leighton, John. Suggestions in Design. London: Blackie and Son, 1880.
- Peattle, Elia. Poems You Ought to Know. Chicago: Fleming H. Revell Co., 1903.